Falafel with yogurt sauce
– Our recipes
- 250 g of chickpeas and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 2,5 of chopped fresh coriander teaspoons.
- 1/2 chopped onion.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1 plain soy yogurt.
- 1 garlic clove.
- 3 pickles.
- 2 tablespoons of mint.
- 2 tablespoons of chives
(all finely chopped)
Falafel is a typical recipe of Arab cuisine. It is a kind of croquette made with chickpeas and in some cases chickpea flour, although it is also made with beans depending on the area, as for example in Egypt.
Although we associate falafel with the Middle East, it is believed that its origin is located in India; where it was cooked with bread and spices. Today it is a dish that has spread throughout the West thanks to the fact that oriental cuisine is increasingly established in these countries.
1. Soak the chickpeas the night before.
2. Blend all the falafel ingredients until you get a homogeneous dough.
3. Make the falafel with the help of two spoons to give them a good shape so that the dough does not stick in your hands and fry them until golden brown on both sides.
Mix all ingredients.
Salt to taste.